January 26, 2009

Make Do Monday: Cat Box



I saw this carnival at 50s Housewife and just HAD to chime in!!! This is SO up my alley! I can't wait to read more from others! Ann Kroeker has a great new carnival "dedicated to sharing the creative, frugal or even humble ways we’re making-do." Timing is so spot on for this!! Here's mine:

We recently adopted a cute little kitten into our home. I did not have a litter pan so we used what we had. We had a Tote storage plastic box. It's the smaller size with the lid. My DH cut a hole in the side so kitty could get in and out. Now we have a lidded cat box with the hole in just the right spot that we needed it in to fit our space! I also use an old slotted spoon (this one is metal and sort of rusty-no good for food anymore....BUT perfect as a pooper scooper :) I'll snap a pix later and edit it back in !!

Here it is! It is located between my washer and my water softener with the water heater behind it....we put the hole in front, this worked best for our spot.

Here's my new little cutie..her name is Trouble ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you clever, clever lady! I love that you've invented your own--that's just fabulous! Thanks so much for jumping into Make-Do Mondays--I hope to follow your frugal and creative ways in the weeks to come!

Kristin - The Goat said...

That cat looks like trouble LOL Clever clever use for a storage box. Looks like it would be a breeze to move, too - which has always been a problem for me, when trying to clean around the litter box -- it is just not sturdy enough to pick up easily.

Jen said...

Ann~ Thank you :)

Kirby3131~ It is easy to clean and take care of! The lid and the higher placed hole keep most the bits inside....just a few from stepping in and out remain but I put a small rug by to catch those...I just shake them back into the book when I scoop it!