November 14, 2009

My First Crochet Project!!



Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!! Crochet is something I've always wanted to try. My Mom is a master crocheter .....but never really taught me the skill. I tried once or twice on my own when younger...but never followed through. So enter the internet, a great blog...the library and some DVD's! The Blog Learn to Crochet has really good information...plus she's got some great starter video's on youtube. I'm doing pretty good with it but it will need MUCH practice. I wear these little hair scrunchies so that was my first project. Plus I just knew I needed something fast to get done with quickly....a big blanket takes a long time and I wanted something done quickly to keep me motivated...LOL! Here it is:







3 comments:

Kim said...

Great job! I'm making some hair scrunchies for my dd's Christmas stockings. I learned to crochet as a girl but always wanted to learn to knit. Finely figured it out last year. :-)

Jen said...

Thank you very much Kim! It was a slow go...but I think I'm getting the hang of it. There was a mistake or two but I figured it wouldn't get seen all twisted up in my hair :) What a GREAT stocking stuffer for your daughter...she'll love them...I like them because they are very kind to your hair. Knitting for some reason seems more hard to me...have FUN creating beautiful things :)

Mikki said...

What a great job!

I haven't learned how to crochet yet. A dear friend of mine taught me how to knit, but I just don't have the patience for it.

Looks like your having fun!