November 11, 2009

Super Easy Granola Bars

Props going out to Lynn's Kitchen Adventures for this easy recipe. We have used it a LOT since I found it...it's really that good! THANKS Lynn!!! Here's the recipe plus a few tips:
Easy Granola Bars
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats ( I have used regular and it's just fine here)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (can use homemade here)
2 tablespoons butter melted
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips (or any kind)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all together. Press into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cook longer for a more crisp bar. Let cool 5 minutes and then cut. Let cool completely before eating.


I didn't have any chocolate chips so this time I used peanut butter chips and white chocolate chips-YUM. Use what you like and you can use dried fruits also like raisins, cranberries, cherries, or apricots. Chopped nuts may be added too for more protein, honestly whatever you like...chuck it on in! I like to use my old but washed out baggies for messy spreading jobs like this...a bit of butter on your hands will keep you from sticking too!

And finally...I'd like to take a moment to thank all our Veterans on this fine Veterans Day....Every moment of freedom I've got is because of the wonderful men and women who fight for me and my littles and our Country! May Gob bless each and every one of you! And for my family in the service...I think and pray for you often!


5 comments:

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

Oh , that looks good. I just made my first whole wheat honey crackers the other day. I think i'll post it in a few days.

Thank you for your comments at my place :)

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

Can I share this on my website with some modifications ? I wanted to get your permission first. Thanks. I will link back to you on the post.

Jen said...

I would give all credit to Lynn's Kitchen Adventures http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/ because that's where I first found the recipe ...and it looks like I made a faux pas too...oops I didn't see her copyright statement at the bottom so I'd better OK w/her that I even linked to it first!!!

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

Thanks Moxie , I can't wait to share (I got Lynn's okay , and I linked to both of you)

Jen said...

YAY can't wait to read your version! They are GOOD aren't they!!! THANKS LYNN!!!