May 3, 2012

When getting through is enough....

Oh my...yesterday was such a bad day. Stress got the better of me. Problems problems problems. See I forgot to let God handle them all...and I paid a heavy price. I lost a perfectly good day to stress and worry. I have a lot on my plate right now. A dear friend and mentor who is a true Mother to me is dealing with cancer....it is hard. She is a trooper though! I've been helping drive her to her radiation treatments. I am so thankful I am available to do this. I am best friends with her daughter and I have been seeing her more too....she just needs the break. My own kids lives are filled with business right now too....trying to finish the last things to do for school. I have been gone "doing" for nearly two week straight. This month is always a busy one around here. I thought  "I" could handle it all. Well last night we went to install our window air units and guess what? Three on them decided to die at the same time. Figures right? Well sadly hubby and I fought about it. Stupid air conditioners of all things. It was dumb and we both knew it....yet we both did it anyway. We both repented this morning and laughed that well at least we made it through that day! Sometimes getting through is all you can do. Next time I am giving the whole mess....whatever it is....over to God. Hubs and I agreed that we should have both just turned to God and prayed together and asked for HELP instead of turning on each other. Lesson LEARNED!

2 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Oh my - do hope today is a better one for you. Stupid stress does rob us of our joy...and God loves us in spite of ourselves. How awesome for us huh? If you haven't already, please come by Weekend Potluck and link up one of your yummy recipes.www.thebetterbaker.blogspot.com Keep looking up! How blessed we are knowing that HE can be trusted with our days!

Jen said...

Than God for God!! He is always so good to us....isn't he?? =]