April 23, 2012

Starting Anew: Kitchen

Man a little business...and little laziness ....a little lack of organization....and BAMMO my kitchen is a wreck! End of the school year always is cRaZy at my house.....state tests....end of year projects and lots of last events! I've kinda flown by the seat of my pants these past to months and I've paid a big financial cost for it! I decided to clean out my pantry as it was a wreck....it kinda happens with the 6 of us getting things in and out. But this time was different. Too many doubles and triples of things I had. See I haven't been making a good grocery list and checking in the pantry. I over bought many things....thinking they were used when they were not. We've eaten out too much also. I just need to be more prepared. I am recommitting myself to better kitchen management. It's my job. Summer is almost here and the kiddos almost out of school...this is always a time of change anyway as summer menus are a bit different for us and everybody is home for lunches. I'm gonna sit down with everybody and re go over family meal choices and get a good list of meals ready. I will stock the pantry with more of the things we use. I will also take a few weekends to make some freezer foods to stop the eating out so much. Next year we lose busing so I will have to drive kids both ways. I need to be more prepared with easier fast meals as more is required of me next year. I'm going to focus on meals I can prep, store in gallon freezer bags and plop into the crock pot or oven. Once  we settle into the new routine in August...things will be better. I just don't want to spend an arm and leg on food. This is the one area I save my family a ton of money! Dear hubby is counting on me! Financial things are changing for my family too. One Child will be driving after the summer...and College is in our very near future! So it's time to start anew and put some more effort into cooking and maintaining the systems in my kitchen that I know work. When I'm not on my A game....I swear I pay double in  my grocery bill. I made the first step...always the HARDEST! I've admitted I've messed up....then I went and cleaned my pantry and saw for sure my folly....LOL! It was kinda frightening!

No comments: