March 27, 2012

Surprise gift!

My neighbors chickens left me a surprise gift in my wood pile. Hmmmm... he has about 13 of them plus two big roosters. I wonder which one of the gals managed to hop the fence and leave me these two cute eggs? My boys found them while we were picking up sticks for the wood pile so we could get our first mow in. Too bad there won't be any chicks as the hen in question has NOT been back to sit them. I'd LOVE to try chickens one year....but this is not the year. We decided to just leave them....we have a raccoon on our property who I'm sure will find them soon and enjoy his good fortune! Have a great day!

1 comment:

The Better Baker said...

AAAHHH the joys of country living huh? Don't guess you need your own chicks when the neighbor's leave gifts behind - ha =)