January 30, 2009

Clearing clutter of all kinds.....

Just how much can a person let go of? How much do we really need anyway? When I think of my Lord and Savior I am always awe struck at how He lived. Pretty much the clothes on his back...traveling around always about His Fathers work!!! Metaphorically speaking.....if I am to take up my cross and go with Him in my daily life....won't my hands already be really full? Just how much do "I" think I need verses what I am told to take up? Wow....my very humble self says not very much.....not much at all. We are told not to worry about what we wear or what we eat or what we drink... in fact it says to give no thought to our lives!! I am sure I worry too much and need to grow my faith in these areas! Trusting in the Lord for our needs is what He wants us to do. If we are always grabbing for what we need...will we ever stop and turn our hands over to receive what the Lord has to bring? We can't take one stitch of all this stuff with us now can we? I need to remind myself of this! Of course we need to function in this world so we can continue to do the work of the Kingdom here. Finding balance for me can be hard. When is enough, enough? I don't know and I think it varies from person to person. And just what is our Fathers work? Sharing God's love and salvation (the gospel of Jesus) to the world...your world, the people God brings before you in your life! Do you know that there is only one being who cannot change his eternal destination? Yep....that's Satan. His fate is sealed. Just as Christians are sealed until the day of redemption when we choose Jesus! Our fates are known....we have the inheritance...woOhoO, thank you Father!! Now the lost....they're another story. We were lost once, we all start out that way...I was lost. Do you remember that state for yourself? Up until the moment I chose Jesus, I was against Him....I was Evil.....I had smelly old fruit all about me from dead worldly works and sinful deeds. I was fully in the world and going to Hell. Up until the time I finally chose Him....I didn't. There are so many people out there just like I was. How can we know someones fate? Can we really? We can judge their fruit to see where they're at...but we have no way to know if that will be the continual state of their hearts. That's why we are called to "be Jesus"....to live and grow to be as much like Him as we possibly can. To share this with others along our walk in life. Take care and have a great day ;)

No comments: