February 5, 2009

Bless Your Socks Off.....

This is my most current read from the library.... The Country Mother's Cookbook by Jane Watson Hopping. This little book will bless your socks off in many ways! It is SO going to be added to my side bar book list. First, it's just a darling book. The recipes are great- simple good cooking....right up my alley. Then there are stories woven in throughout the book and great olden black and white drawings. But the real blessings for me came from the many poems that share the pages with this cookbook. Family, home, motherhood.... This book is like stepping back in time and spending the afternoon with your granny! If I can find it for a reasonable price...I may just add this to my book family. Although I've had many books pass through my home for a time... I am very picky about the books I actually keep...this one has some serious potential if I can find it priced right! You won't regret the time spent reading this book :D

*LOL While adding this book to my sidebar...I found it on amazon for .91 cents.... SOLD!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a great book, I think I will look for it at the library :)

Jen said...

Hi Kim (wave) Thanks for stopping by.....I know you'll just love the book if you ckeck it out! Happy Reading :D