November 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Feast Menu

Bountiful Thanksgiving, Turkey on Oak Leaf
Bountiful Thanksgiving, Turkey on Oak Leaf


It isn't so far off now, is it? I get to host this year -but my group isn't too big this time....only 11. 11 is a nice cozy number and just right for being able to give personal attention to each of my guests! It is such a blessing to be able to open our homes to others through out the year. I'm looking forward to this year...I have a lot to be thankful for! Maybe I'll do a thankful for post later. We are redoing our kitchen just a bit right now. Some painting and new peel and stick linoleum....it's a very frugal change....but it really needed it. The wall paper was so warn from washing that it shed every time I wiped it! I just hope it's all done before my guests come. I'll post before and afters when it's all done. So on to the menu. I'll be picking up the items in the next week except the turkey. That I get the week of and just let him thaw in the fridge until it's time to cook him....plus the longer you wait on the turkey....the lower the price per pound gets!! I will be getting 2 or 3 this year when they go on sale as I have some extra space in the freezer.

Thanksgiving Menu

Roasted Turkey and gravy

Cranberry sauce

Mashed potatoes

Home Made Noodles

Sweet potato casserole

Country Green beans

Sweet and sour cucumbers

Stuffing

"The" Bread and honey butter

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin bread (My Mom is bringing this)

Lazy Daisy Oatmeal Cake (My Mom is bringing this)

Coffee

Iced tea

Milk

Juice

Water



2 comments:

Mikki said...

It looks great and sounds like you are going to be quiet busy!
Hope it all goes well!

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by!! Are you hosting this year for your gathering? Hope yours goes equally as well but if not...enjoy the break from cooking!! I'm thinking one year I may just try and order the Turkey from the local grocery...sometimes it heats the house too much and then there's the juggling of the side and oven space! LOL! It will be a GREAT time none the less!!! :)