March 3, 2012

Prayers Please

Prayers please for all the tornado victims yesterday! Areas of my state (Ohio) got hit hard. I got home yesterday just in time to clean out the storage area under my stairs just incase we had to take shelter. It was pretty bad for a while but the hubs me and all the kiddos were home together. I was so thankful to have the family together. Last year we had a scary moment weather wise too.....but hubs was out on the road working....that was hard. It's times like these I wish I had opted for a home with a basement. My brother has a basement but is 10 mins down the road. 10 mins is too much time to risk the drive. Do you have a plan set up in your home? Ours is the storage area below our stairs. We keep little in there so we can fit safely during bad storms. We keep a flashlight and some blankets with us. I take my cell phone, purse and any cash in the house in with us...plus some water and blankets. Shoes ON are a must just incase you come out and there is broken glass. If you don't have somethings worked out....please think about it now! Please pray for everyone who weren't as lucky as we were.....there are many. Any fellow Southern Ohioans here's our local Red Cross number: ‎513-241-8315 Call them to see what they need to help with the Tornado relief. Stay away from affected areas until emergency crews can finish what they need to do. It's dangerous and they don't need to add you to their list of worries. If you belong to a local Church....fling open your doors to neighbors in need and get ready for some serious mobile ministry opportunities! Thanks everyone! Thank you God for watching over us and using this opportunity for our good......even if it's HARD to sort through it all right now and find understanding. May we each be able to show and grow your love to reach others for your Glory during this time of need!!

No comments: