March 2, 2012

Thrifting today!

I was up and out early today for a child's dentist appointment. Came home and had a nice breakfast. Everything is done now at home....amazing when you get up early how much time is left in the day! It's olny 9:35 am here right now. Thought I'd catch up some blogging over a second cup of coffee. Since everything is done....I've decided to allow myself the afternoon to check out my local thrift store. It'll be fun. Do you thrift store shop? I keep a running list of things I need that I wouldn't mind getting second hand in the mini spiral notebook in my purse. On that list right now is a pair of lamps for my family room. The ones I have are broke but still work so I check out the thrift stores from time to time. I want something with an older retro feel....I'll know when I find them......maybe it will be today? I also don't wanna spend more than $10. New lamps are much much higher! In my note book I also keep a list of the current sizes (shoe and pants) that my children wear....that way if there are deals like 1/2 price clothing.....I can easily check in their sizes. We always need jeans. My 3 boys run through them pretty fast....so when I find jeans for a dollar or two a pair....it's hard to beat that. New are $15 to $19 each. Today is just a fun visit and if I don't see anything.....I won't buy anything. That's another key to thrift storing. Don't buy things just because they're cheap. Buy what you NEED and a very small few treasures that you LOVE. If I find anything good I'll post it. Enjoy your afternoon.....and try to do at least one thing that will make you smile today!!!!

No comments: