November 16, 2009

Menu Madness!

Today's Menu
Today's Menu


Why menu madness?? Because it's really getting close to Thanksgiving and this week and next I will not be buying anything new except milk, bread (maybe) and the items needed for Thanksgiving. This will not only help supply the funds for the dinner....but clear up the much needed space too!

Monday- Chili, Corn bread. This meal will get some bags of tomatoes out of the freezer and set me up for some good leftovers for the week.

Tuesday- Beef Pot Pie, Fruit Cup. This is also a leftover meal made from what was left of my hash the other week that I froze. I'll take that hash....add more potatoes, some frozen corn and some cooked carrots and put it all in a pie shell....I may blog that later this week.

Wednesday- Chili Pie, Yogurt Cup, Apples w/Home made caramel dip (this is just 1 block cream cheese with enough brown sugar mixed in to make it sweet.) This is just leftover chili put into a pie plate...then I just make a corn bread batter (or use Jiffy) and put plops of it around the top of the chili. Then Bake it till hot and done.

Thursday- Smoked Sausage Bake. This is a very simple but good one pan meal. Take a smoked sausage and slice it into thick rounds. Scrub potatoes and cut into chunky hunks, we like to leave the skins on but you could peel if you'd like...rough chunk some onion too and then 1 or two green peppers. Think rustic fork friendly- yet chunky bites. Put all this into a 9x13 pan then pour Italian dressing over all to coat. Bake at 350 till potatoes are fork tender...maybe 30 mins. Make as much or as little as your family needs....we usually do a 9x13 pan but you could just fill an 8x8. I like to sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Friday- Veggie Pizza, Yogurt Cups, Veggie Tray.

Saturday- Soft tacos. I always freeze leftover taco meat (even a little) into a Tupperware bowl. I now have enough to have a free meal! I will be making my shells this time. It's pretty easy and fast.

Sunday- Cincinnati Style Chili 3 ways. This will be what's left of the pot of chili served over spaghetti with shredded cheddar cheese, grated onions and oyster crackers on the side.

Snacks to Make

Cake Box Cookies

Peanut butter Honey Oat Bites

Blueberry Muffins

No comments: